ARTIST STATEMENT: Louis Ebarb
• I create art because it is possible to achieve perfection.
• I anchor my work by the traditions of western composition.
• I paint my version of the sacred.
• I present the viewer with the world through my eyes.
• I learned to paint realistically through Abstract Expressionism.
• I present the beauty of the commonplace and the overlooked.
• I use canvas and paint to demonstrate my objects of worship.
• I make paintings that are realistic and personal.
• I make a different, better world on all of my canvasses.
• I begin each painting I knowing it will be my best.
• I consider my paintings as my only true Artist statements.
• I don't take myself too seriously
The history of Art has come to a time where there is no one
dominant movement or style. This allows for a freedom of
expression that is unprecedented. Even as I adapt the philosophies
and techniques of my predecessors, I am creating new images and
statements that are personal to me.