ARTIST STATEMENT: Louis Ebarb
• I create art because it is possible to achieve perfection.
• I anchor my work by the traditions of western composition.
• I paint my version of the sacred.
• I present the viewer with the world through my eyes.
• I learned to paint realistically through Abstract Expressionism.
• I present the beauty of the commonplace and the overlooked.
• I use canvas and paint to demonstrate my objects of worship.
• I make paintings that are realistic and personal.
• I make a different, better world on all of my canvasses.
• I begin each painting I knowing it will be my best.
• I consider my paintings as my only true Artist statements.
• I don't take myself too seriously
The history of Art has come to a time where there is no one
dominant movement or style. This allows for a freedom of
expression that is unprecedented. Even as I adapt the philosophies
and techniques of my predecessors, I am creating new images and
statements that are personal to me.
Astrup Fearnley Museum of Modern Art 2016 Oil on Canvas The beautiful modern architecture of the Astrup Fearnley Museum of Modern Art houses a wonderful collection of contemporary in Oslo, Norway. While visiting recently, I witnessed how well the angles a
#1 Front Street 2010 Oil on Canvas
Saturday, 8 am 1993 Oil on Canvas An important part of the Street Dance:Brooklyn series, Saturday, 8 AM, celebrates the workers who keep the thousands of miles of our electrical and gas systems functioning.