Diana Hosley Burchfield - RESUME
- BFA in Painting, WASHINGTON UNIVERSITY, St. Louis, Mo.
- SKOWHEGAN School of Painting, Maine.
- BROOKLYN MUSEUM ART SCHOOL: Max Beckmann Scholarship
- PROVINCETOWN School of Painting: Scholarship
- SAUGATUCK School of Painting ( Chicago Art Institute – Scholarship )
- School of Visual Art, Parsons, Fashion Institute of Technology – Textile Print Design. ( I was employed as a textile print designer with various companies over a period of 25 years )
AWARDS AND EXHIBITS:
- CONDE NAST PUBLICATIONS: First Place National Painting Award, juried by Betty Parsons.
- QUILT MARKET: winner of 10th anniversary logo competition for fabric trade shows in Houston and Chicago
- ST. LOUIS ARTIST’S GUILD: Fred Carpendar Painting Award
- BROOKLYN ARTS and CULTURAL ASSOCIATION: Small Works Show Juried by Lisa Phillips, Whitney Museum
- NEW YORK UNIVERSITY – 23rd,25th,27th,29th SMALL WORKS SHOW at 80 Washington Square Galleries, New York
- NEW YORK BOTANICAL GARDEN: PHOTOGRAPHY CONTEST – FIRST PLACE WINNER: Photo published in GARDEN NEWS
- NORTHEAST ANNUAL REGIONAL JURIED EXHIBITS – Marblehead Arts Association
- MARBLEHEAD ARTS FESTIVAL – JURIED EXHIBITS – Winner of drawing award
- ARTIST’S EXCHANGE TRIP TO: City of Grasse, France. Watercolors exhibited in Valbonne, France
- WATERCOLOR USA – annual national juried exhibits sponsored by the SPRINGFIELD ART MUSEUM, Missouri, 2014, 2015, and in 2016 only 59 paintings selected from over 500 entries
- PENNSYLVANIA WATERCOLOR SOCIETY 34th and 35 annual international exhibit ( at the State Museum in Harrisburg, Pa. ) Also awarded signature membership.
- ANNUAL JURIED AUDUBON ARTIST’S EXHIBIT at the Salmagundi Club in New York in 2016 ( and also at this event, two of my watercolors were given the Frank Webb cash award in 2014 and 2015 )
- NEW ENGLAND WATERCOLOR SOCIETY 15TH Biennial 2016 North American juried open show at the North Shore Arts Association, 11 Pirates Lane, Gloucester, Mass. Juror, Mary Whyte, chose 99 works from 350 entries
- PHILADELPHIA WATER COLOR SOCIETY 116TH Anniversary International Exhibition of Works on Paper ( 2016 ) juried by Mary Whyte
- BROOKLYN WATERFRONT ARTISTS COALITION 2016 COLOR SHOW – Juror chose 105 works from 1766 entries