33 East 10th Street, Brooklyn, NY 11218 • (518) 225-4417 • email@example.com
Smithsonian National Museum of the American Indian Nov 2014- present
Cultural Arts Program Assistant New York, NY
● Work as part of the Cultural Arts team to create, produce and implement Public Programs
● Fulfills administrative requirements of programing such as creating Purchase Orders
booking participant travel, acquiring screening rights and other logistical arrangements
● Implement public programs through courteous interaction with the public and native constituents and invitational guests.
Peace Corps. June 2011 - June 2013
Teacher of English as a Second Language: Bayanchandmani, Mongolia
● Taught English in a rural Mongolian public school to students in grades 5-11, alone and
through team teaching with Mongolian counterparts.
● Worked with Mongolian English teachers to improve their English and methodology.
● Trained new volunteers in classroom techniques and cross cultural awareness sessions.
Smithsonian National Museum of The American Indian July 2007 -July 2010
George Gustav Heye Center New York, NY
Program Assistant, Resource Center:
● Researched, designed and delivered educational programs and workshops for children, teenagers and adults working collaboratively across the museum's departments.
● Assisted museum visitors with research inquiries, inter-library loans, online databases and maintained the Resource Center's collection of books, journals and recordings.
● Maintained databases, coordinated meetings, booked travel, contracted with vendors, completed purchase orders, served as point of contact for researchers, teachers and contractors, trained volunteers and other general administrative support duties.
Post Factory August 2006 -June 2007
Office Manager: New York, NY
● Ensured that a twenty-room video post production editing facility is well maintained
and that clients needs were met, greeted visitors, routed phone calls, booked contractors.
Hunter College, CUNY September 2005 –Jan 2006
College Assistant: New York, NY
● Worked as part of a team coordinating with professors and students to create a database and exhibit of student photographs documenting changing NYC neighborhoods.
Ed Curtin Consulting Archeologists May 2002-September 2003
Archeological Field Technician Saratoga Springs, NY
● Conducted excavations on historic and prehistoric sites throughout New York State.
Hunter College CUNY Class of 2008
M.A. United States History New York, NY
Bridgewater State College, Class of 2002
B.S. Cultural Anthropology, History Bridgewater, MA
English: Native speaker